Sunday, March 22, 2009

Pillow Hair

Okay, I really like my short hair. Easy to fix, cool in the summer, etc. However, the things it can get up to at night are freak show funny.
This morning I woke up and my head looked just like a dandelion about to go to seed. You know....after the yellow flower is gone it develops that fluffy ball of white puff that flies apart at the slightest breath of a breeze and scatters new baby dandelions all over your yard.
I kid you not, every hair on my head was sticking straight up and looked like someone had held me down and rubbed a balloon all over. Were it not for the fact that I have started putting some color steaks in my hair I would have looked exactly like I belonged in the yard with the rest of the fluff balls.
And my husband, God bless him, remarked, "Wow, your hair really looks pretty." This was before I had glimpsed myself in the mirror. You know I hate it when people try to be funny. :)
I must sleep on top of my head and spin at night as this is not the first really interesting "do" I've had of late. The other day, my hair looked like the Katzenjammer Kids hairdos. I know I'm dating myself here and most of you won't know who the KKs are, but trust me they had some fascinating hair. It swooped up into a big curly-q on top of their heads. I didn't even know my hair was capable of such acrobatics but apparently the pillow case has some marvelous training in embarrassing stylings.
I'm just curious, does anyone else have some great pillow hair styles they'd like to share. Anyone........Bueller?.........

1 comment:

Paula said...

I have what I call "split bang." Now that I have bangs, they tend to split right down the middle due to my lovely cowlick-not attractive. I have to straigten my bangs over and over to make them look right...sometimes so much so that they get oily looking then (sigh....) I have to get them wet and start all over.
Having short hair really is a time-saver...less time blow-drying (especially)...but the one thing I miss is that I cant just pull it back in a pony tail.