Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Dang It!

One of my blogger friends told me they had checked the full moon schedule because that was a good excuse to use for a day in the tank. However, apparently I would have to maintain this level of doom & gloom until March 11 and my usually sunny disposition will not allow that (I said this with my tongue firmly planted in my teeth so all you friends in the know can just let it slide ;) Another friend called to asked if she could be invited to my "pity party." I am so grateful for my friends who prop me up, let me lean, listen to me vent, read my rants and raves and just in general make me glad that I am blessed with them.
Everything made me remember an episode of "Everybody Loves Raymond" where Ray caught Debra crying and assumed he had screwed up. He was just baffled over the fact that she just felt like crying sometimes. She told him she put on a sad song and just let go. When he asked her what song, she said "the theme from Ice Castles." That show was so much like real life for me. From the difficulties with in-laws to the purposeful ineptness of her husband, Debra was a gal I could completely understand. Like me, she was frequently her own worst enemy. When I'm feeling low down and abused sometimes I look for it on re-runs, if I can't find that, the other sure fire cures are "Overboard" and "The Money Pit" and "Young Frankenstein."
Since I don't have jury duty tomorrow, I may just drag out every "feel good" movie I can find, lock myself in my room in my pjs and lose myself.
Thank you gentle friends for the cyber hugs and even the chop busting from time to time. I need both and I am grateful for the kind reminders that there are people out there who care and understand. I'm off to bed, Roger is in Greenwood tonight, so I should be able to take a couple of the little velvet hammer pills and actually get a full night's sleep.
BTW....I should probably tell you that if you find a piece of jewelry at my RainDancer website that you just can't live without, I will ship to you at a very reasonable charge so don't be afraid to ask.

No comments: