Sunday, March 29, 2009

I'm sooooooooooo excited!

Well, I've been waiting and waiting and at long last the wait is about to end. The new season of THE TUDORS starts in 7 days. To say that I'm addicted to this program is a gross understatement. There's something about this time in history and the people involved that both repel and fascinate me.
They are without a doubt the most inherently amoral people ever but the thing that fascinates me is the political intrique and religious posturing that makes up their personalities.
It is fascinating to know that those events helped to shape not only the world but religion as well.
Of course, since it is television, the people are all very pretty which I know to be a giant misrepresentation but the artist in me loves the lavish sets and ornate garments. It is at times capable of some really "OH MY" moments which one needs to rapidly click over to a less offensive channel for a spell but on the whole a very well written and well acted series. Unfortunately, I will be watching without the Lady Anne this season as she seems to have lost her head (in more ways than one) at the end of the last episode.

No comments: