Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A BLAH day

Well, it had to happen...I knew I would come down from the emotional high I had been riding. The unfortunate thing about my personality type is that I don't trickle down...I crash.
I guess it's a "girl thing" but today all I've really wanted was to just have a good old fashioned shoulder shaking sob fest. Really unproductive and not attractive to look at either. Compounding my crazy need to cleanse my tear ducts is the pervasive presence of 4 guys in my house which make it impossible to do. Of course, knowing men like I do that just might be the way to get them to scatter like a covey of quail. Women emotions seem to frighten them in ways nothing else can.
I got a nice call from my aunt and she had received the package of pictures I had restored and enhanced for her. She was very grateful and impressed in my talent. I'm in such a funk that even wild praise did little to lift my spirits.
I did get out this morning to go have my TB test checked. Then I have to go back on Friday the 13th to get it redone. And then I hope I'm through. That little booger wasn't bad but I've never had a tiny little needle stick bleed like that in a long time. While I was waiting in the health department I people watched a little. There was a couple in there with their baby who appeared to be around 3 or 4 months old. It was interesting to note that the guy absolutely did everything for that child. He held him, played with him, changed his didey and when their name was called he took the baby in for the check up. The mother spent the entire time talking on her cell phone. When it was time to leave, the guy bundled up the child, strapped him in his carrier and headed for the car with mom trailing behind still pressing her phone to her ear. Being someone who never had much help with children when they were small I was really touched to watch this dad's tender ministrations over his son.
I've ordered some sunglasses to compliment my jewelry so be checking the RainDancer website often to see the new arrivals. www.raindancer.vpweb.com
Here's hoping for a better tomorrow!

1 comment:

Donna said...

I checked the full moon schedule for you, but it is not expected until March 11, that is the excuse I use.