Sunday, March 8, 2009

Mockingbirds, Robins and Yard Work

Tried to kill myself today. My yard is in dire need of tidying. Unfortunately my rear end is badly in need of an overhaul. I wonder just how much longer I am going to be able to drag myself around the yard doing all the little things that used to be so easy for me. Even though it is progressively harder on me physically, I love, love, love being outside. We have robins again that are scouting for appropriate apartment sites, a mockingbird that has a very BAD attitude and then there are the aggressive little bandits the jays. All the birds seem to be having a difficult time chiseling out their peace with each other. There are sure a lot of ruffled feathers in the yard right now. I am hoping that Mr. and Mrs. Robin decide to take up residence in the saddle of the weeping cherry right outside my office window again. I really enjoyed monitoring their progress last year. And I think we do not have the "kitty marauder" this year so all babes should be safe in the nest.
Saw my little girls today, Genevieve had made a leprechaun trap she was very proud of. Although if a leprechaun approaches that little trap he's a gone pecan. She made it out of a mousetrap. But she says she's not going to load it! Both she and Audrey had ball practice yesterday and Audrey is busy showing everyone her newly learned throwing technique. They are both too cute, but then all my grandkids are perfect and perfectly wonderful.
Tomorrow I am going to round up my cha cha change and get it deposited in the can. However, the trip to Sapulpa worked a real hardship on the coinage. Somehow if I am in any way involved in a trip to the Tulsa area, me and whoever I am with gets lost on the way home. I'm pretty sure we hit every toll booth in the eastern part of Oklahoma before we managed to make it home. Maybe Tulsa wants me to live there. It sure makes it difficult for me to find my way back. Anywhooooo, all those toll booths ate away at my cha cha change, but I think I have a little bit left.
Well, I'm hitting the hay, the time change has really screwed up my thought processes. And I have things to do, places to go and people to see tomorrow.

2 comments:

Paula said...

Im itchin' to get outside and work on our yard/house too, but I think the *inside* spring cleaning is gonna come first.
We love spring..the boys played outside for 6 hours on Friday so you and them have something in common:-)

Donna said...

I have had such a fun beginning to the season, I have been checking out what is budding around my house. Perennials are my favorite, they return without any urging on my part, God is so amazing!