Saturday, February 28, 2009

You should be so lucky!


Everyone alive should have a birthday like I had. What a truly magnificent event it was. So good I almost didn't mind being as old as I am. In fact Genevieve and Audrey's little cousin Lizzie came over for awhile this evening and while she was eating birthday cake she asked me how old I was. When I told her she said "Wow, that's OLD!" It was so cute, kids are so completely innocent in their honesty. It would be great if adults could be the same instead of just brutal in theirs.
I was blessed to spend a great part of the day with my daughter who I don't see nearly often enough. She took me to have a pedicure which was most needed since I have trouble seeing my toes much less giving them any attention. Then we went to lunch and looked around in the Mall for a little while.
When she brought me home, my family had gathered for a little surprise party complete with strawberry cake (my fave), pizza and lots of laughter. I got loads of birthday wishes and a card from my daughter Angie that seemed to have a very artistic rendering of my backside (not sure how they were able to pull that one off) :) I also got a certificate for a massage and a facial from my husband so I was VERY happy. I was able to see all my grandchildren but Abby, Kaleah and the two Calebs :( My son Larin who is always the bringer of interesting gifts taped a raw shrimp and a package of parmesan cheese to a piece of yellow legal pad paper and presented it to me. Unfortunately, he ate the shrimp himself, he did however leave the cheese. And we all know cheese IS the gift that keeps on giving. I spoke with my mom who remembered my birthday (inside joke) and I also heard from my 2 sons who are working out of town. A girl couldn't ask for a better day. And this is what I looked like as I turned 59 (Kaylee will tell you that I Photoshop the crap out of my pictures) and I do. I don't have that skill for my health you know. Thanks to everyone who made my day a perfect one.

1 comment:

Paula said...

Beautiful! Im glad you had a fabulous birthday!!