Thursday, February 19, 2009

Dove to the bottom of the bowl and found the pits

You know I really try to be positive about things but sometimes it just doesn't work. It amazes me how inconsiderate people can be that supposedly "care" about you.
Today was my 17th anniversary which officially makes my marriage to Roger the longest relationship I've had. Do ya think anyone bothered to remember? Nope, nada, zero, ziltch, zip, kaput. After trying very hard to stay on top of everyone else's birthday's, anniversaries, etc. and doing whatever little thing I could to make sure they didn't go unnoticed, I sat here all day with no recognition of my special day.
To make matters worse, even my husband who was gone all day didn't even take 5 minutes to buy a cheap card. I guess I offically know where I rate with everyone. Although I have been told repeatedly that things just aren't about me and so now obviously even dates that are special to me aren't about me either. LOL
There! I've had my pity party and I'm done, actually more done than anyone realizes.
I am making great headway on my geneaology stuff and have actually uncovered a very distant relation that is working on part of the same line I am and we have been able to fill in lots of gaps for each other. I'm really enjoying it too. It is like meeting new friends (unfortunately they just aren't living).
This is a short post, I haven't been feeling great this week and I'm going to go to bed and hope for a better tomorrow. It would be nice to wake up one morning and not feel like someone had set fire to your joints and muscles. Nice to be able to walk to the kitchen instead of hopping on one foot just once :)
I am starting a new sub-blog using an idea that Kaylee gave me with a site she found called The Change Pot. I named mine something else though. I just thought this was a cute idea and I'm going to try to keep track of my spare change. However, 'tupid that I am, I've built it and can't find it because I can never find where the url addresses for these sites show up so you can copy them and link them. Any help here would be MOST appreciated. Going now to through those pits in the trash and buy a whole new bunch of fresh cherries.

1 comment:

Paula said...

Happy (late) Anniversary! I understand *those* kinds of days. Tomorrow will be infinitely better than today:)