Thursday, February 26, 2009

I'm baaaaack!

Made it home in one piece and I am so glad I made this trip. The most incredible thing I uncovered was a small picture of my great grandmother and great grandfather when they still had dark hair. I had never seen even a picture of them when they were younger so this was quite a find. My great grandparents were pretty old people when I was a child, my granny lived to be 103 years old so I never remember a time when they weren't elderly. I have loads and loads of newspaper clippings and old photos to sort through. Here's a hint for anyone who decides to tackle their genealogy. Buy a Kodak all in 1 printer and take it with you to relatives houses. You can scan photos and print them also any kind of documents and you don't need your computer. You can also take the memory card from you digital camera and print pictures on the spot. This made my job so much easier. More later.

No comments: