Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Real Housewives

I have recently caught a few episodes of the Real Housewives of Orange County and the Real Housewives of New York. What a hoot! These women are like no housewives I know. I mean really people can the common ordinary, Pledge wielding, toilet scrubbing, snotty nose wiping woman really relate? I think not.
What I would like to see is the Real Housewives of LeFlore County. Now there are some women we could really enjoy. Think of the possibilities. Trips to Wal-Mart in their pastel sweatsuits, backyard barbecues on their homemade grill constructed from bricks and a old refrigerator rack complete with swimming in the stock pond. And then they could always have a monthly episode of waiting for the assistance checks to arrive. Volumes could be filmed recording their driving escapades. I honestly was behind a car with one of those green and white tags once that had lawn chairs for a backseat.
Okay, now before you send me hate mail, I'm trying to be funny here. And admit it, you did chuckle at least once. But there is an element of truth to what I say. And the same could be said for a few counties right here in Arkansas which shall remain nameless. I am after all loyal to my geography. Regular women UNITE and demand Housewife programs that cover the entire range of our talent and skill. I really couldn't care less how many times the Countess shows up in the society pages. Nor do I particularly enjoy "Vicki" and her WooooooHooooo personality (I know a couple of those) she is her own biggest fan and has no clue that everyone else thinks she's arrogant and conceited. Or Lynn who seems to pride herself on standing around with her mouth half open looking dazed and confused (how she made it on TV is a mystery - the woman has NO personality.) Give me my aunt who sees people who aren't there at night or my mom who can't remember anything or even me and my BFF Judy who are contesting to see who can accumulate the most dogs. These are some real housewives with depth and the ability to laugh at themselves and not take life quite so seriously.

1 comment:

Donna said...

That's so funny! Real life/Reel life, not the same.
I have a 2nd/3rd? cousin of my father that did the family geneolgy of the Johnson side of the family. I loved it! Your family will appreciate your hard work some day.