Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Behind all the time

Well, I'm officially behind on everything I could possibly be behind on. I did serve on Jury duty yesterday and I have to say it was one of the most interesting things I have ever done. Really if more people realized that it isn't as limiting as one thinks, more people would welcome the opportunity to serve and learn a lot in the process. I always thought that if you were in the "pool" you were on call every day for 3 months. Actually you have a reporting day once a week and you call ahead the evening before to find out if you have to show up or not. Most cases in Sebastian county are settle out of court so there are some people who serve who literally never have to appear in the courtroom again after orientation. Since I am at sixes and sevens and have nothing better to do, I am really liking the education it is providing me. I did sit on a real jury yesterday and being able to see the process up close and personal is MUCH different than Law & Order :)
My jewelry is selling pretty well given the traffic available where it is so I am hopeful that will continue to improve. Maybe my "pretty" pieces will help the salon pull in some business it might not ordinarily have.
We are due for storms tonight so I need to clear a place in my garage for my car. I think if it got beat to "hail" I would lay down and cry right now.
Heart day approaches and if you haven't gotten your best girl a gift, may I recommend the lovely pieces of jewelry presented by RainDancer Treasures exclusively at Pure Bliss salon. I am paying your sales tax on anything with a heart until Feb. 14th. (Shameless plug)
I have sent out resumes and applications everywhere I can think of and have told everyone in the world I need a job, but so far no cigar. I remain hopeful however but please keep me in your thoughts and prayers. And my name on your lips should anyone mention needing a spectacular employee.
Gotta go and be productive!

2 comments:

Paula said...

Well good luck with your job hunt and your jewelry sales. Thats pretty cool that you are actually getting something out of jury duty!

LKB said...

Yep, I'm kindof a wierd old bird. I like stuff like that. Anytime I can learn something new I am excited.