Tuesday, February 3, 2009

And the Eagle Has Landed



What a good day! It is always exciting to see one of your grandchildren recognized for stepping up. Genevieve was so tickled to get her Golden Eagle. I think it might have not been a huge surprise since she spotted us in the crowd and pointed us out to her classmates, I think one of them may have clued her in that meant she had won. But she was pretty stoked. As I was downloading the pictures from the event, it struck me again how much she looks like Matt. Genevieve has such a good heart and I see her do things a lot that warrant being recognized but like so many good deeds, sometimes hers go unnoticed. I was amazed that she didn't win a few months ago when she asked us if one of her classmates could have lunch with us on Grandparent's Day because his grandparent had died. She provided us with such a blessing that day and we would have completely missed it except for her kind little heart. I've said it for several years now but I think she will be one of those people that everyone in town will know. She is a unique and wonderful individual full of energy and life. My prayer is that she will always have that big zest for life and she will continue to "always go for the big finish."

No comments: