Sunday, February 22, 2009

Making Plans

I have a busy week ahead. I'm going to Jacksonville to see my Aunt and look through all the stuff she has in boxes and trunks that pertain to family history. I'm a little curious as to why she has this stuff. She has no biological children and I worry about important family memories eventually being in the hands of people that are not connected by blood to those memories.
I'm going to go to dinner and a movie with my BFF Judy and I'm really excited about that. Judy is the one person in my life who always tries to make me feel special on my special day. I'm a big birthday kind of girl. I've always felt like your birthday was very special to YOU. You share all the other holidays with the rest of the world, but your birthday is YOUR day. I'm not as bad as my friend Gina used to be. She celebrated her birth month and you had to be nice to her for a whole month, what a pain! :)
I have to call in about Jury duty and if my group's case doesn't settle, I'll be making the rounds at the courthouse again.
Tomorrow I need to go and run my jewelry inventory and make sure I have accounted for everything. And I have to do laundry before I head to Aunties.
Then Saturday is my birthday and this one is really a big deal. My last before I hit the big 6 0. Wow, where has my life gone? Unlike my mother, I can remember vividly my days in school, my early 20s, when my children were born and the things they did as kids, all my triumphs as well as my mistakes, I remember it all and I wonder how I will be remembered. I received a message today from a girl I went to school with who was quite a bit younger than me. She told me she remembered me as a cheerleader and couldn't remember any of the others because I was the only one who was ever nice to her. I can't tell you how good that made me feel. As older people I think we all wonder how we were perceived as kids. What is funny is I don't remember her at all. I do remember her older sister and her dad who was our high school custodian but not her. It did serve to enforce for me the fact that we all leave our imprint on the world and we never know who we are effecting with our behavior. It should tend to make us all more careful every day of how we treat each person we encounter.
I'm hitting the hay now in anticipation of a busy day.
Peace out.

1 comment:

Lmiyagi said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!! to a wonderful talented lady friend!!!
I hope you have a wonderful day!! The trip sounds like a very interesting and fun for you and family background. My youngest sister is into geneology and we have a reunion this June I'm looking forward too. I sure wish we lived closer so we could have night out to celebrate you. I miss you. Love Linda