Saturday, May 23, 2009

Tippy Tappy Ballerina Biscuit




Last night, my Biscuit (Ms. Audrey) had her very first dance recital. OMG is this my grandchild or what!? She absolutely seemed to LOVE being on stage! She knew her dances and was appropriately graceful in ballet and anyone who missed her twisting off stage in the tap routine has been deprived of a memorable moment. I know she is wanting to take gymnastics next year, but I hate to see her not dance because she is obviously very good at it and likes it as well.
She looked so pretty. She reminds me so much of Kaylee at that age that it makes my heart hurt to look at her. It is like seeing my baby all over again. Audrey had a pretty good turnout to watch her strut her stuff and a big thank you goes out to those who made her feel special.
I am posting a couple of pictures from last night. Maybe one of these days I'll get brave and post the one Audrey took of her mom and me. Strangely enough it is in focus but wow it is a barn burner. In these pictures you are seeing Audrey and her parents - Matt and Kaylee. Audrey all by her beautiful self and my two super kids, Kaylee and Tommy Jack with Audrey.
Out of the mouths of babes.............Yesterday I took the little Edwards girls to school and while we were waiting to go, Genevieve and I were discussing the fact that her teddy bear smelled funny. Then she said "But I smell other funny things too." I remarked that it might be me she was smelling to which she replied "Yeah, maybe, you smell kinda like earwax." OKAY......now I'm paranoid.........I go around asking people "Do I smell funny?" EARWAX?! What the heck?

No comments: