Friday, May 29, 2009

This one is for Judy

In my life I have been blessed with a few GOOD friends. The kind that hold your hand when you need it, cry with you, laugh at and with you, hold your hair when you are sick and give you serious reality checks when you've skated to close to the edge of reason. I think all my friends know who they are, however, the group of friends I have that I feel like a could call on for any reason number the digits of my right hand. Helen (who has gone to be with God), Karen, Linda, Judy and Sam. These 5 people have made my life an easier place to reside in.
Judy recently retired from teaching and I was thinking about her last night and about all the things that we have shared. I just had to pay tribute to a friend who has always stuck by me and share my memories.

I WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER:

Hanging from the backstop fence at baseball games with you.
Sorority trips in your car particularly the one where you brought me back down the "pigtrail."
"Those" magazines.
The fighting couple in the hallway of the motel.
Defining "Frenzy & Fluffy" (you know the rest).
The fun trip to TenKiller and the wild ride home.
Steven hanging from your leg like a ragdoll and crying whenever you got 2 feet away from him.
The suicidal Monarch butterfly annual event.
Riding up and down the highway between Greenwood and Fort Smith in our Halloween costumes.
All the cub scout art projects that your cat ate.
The birthday cake your cat ate - great job hiding it with icing by the way!
The conviction that combining the 2 of us into 1 person would create an amazingly voluptuous woman.
Your addiction to Chuck Norris.
Living with you during the big separation.
All the money you gave me when I was broke on my butt.
Den meetings, Spook-a-ree, Christmas parades, Blue and Gold banquets (especially the one with the 12 days of scouting song), Pinewood Derby and RANGER RICK.
You finally getting the recognition you deserved as Den Leader of the Year.
Your kindness to my children which continues to this day.
Your willingness to step out of your comfort zone and meet someone new.
Your recognition of the fine man my other friend Sam is.
The marriage that combined 2 of my best friends into 1 super friend.
Your huge generous heart.
Your willingness to forgive me when I'm thoughtless.
Your loyalty.
All these and so many more that I can never forget. You are truly special to me and loved beyond measure.

No comments: