Monday, April 20, 2009

Yellowpage ads - the new terror threat

Okay, is it just me or is the whole country sick of those yellow page tv commercials? Good grief I cannot fathom the amount of money that is being wasted on television, advertising something we all know about. After all, they are in the book, on cable TV and on the internet AND our cellphones. The yellowpages are hard to lose.
What really frosts my cookies is that they show them 3 and 4 at a time back to back and it seems like every commercial break is for the yellowpages. They did save money however and only produced 2 which they show over and over and over again. First it will be the 2 elderly people hunting the "herd" of dentists in Africa and then the skier stalking the pizza guys in the snow, then back to the dentists.
And who is the audience they are trying to gather here? Is it us, the uninformed and sheeplike consumer? Or is it the desperately struggling business owners who are having a difficult time keeping their employees paid because of the sagging economy. In either case, it is money wasted and the annoyance factor is becoming huge. Even if I had a business and money to spend, I think those ads would have just the opposite effect on me. I'm not much into bludgeoning a point home albeit subtle as it may be.
Now, daily rant over............on to what I hope is going to be a nice warm, sunny day for a change.

No comments: