Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Dueling banjos anyone?

Okay, I'm going to save Kaylee the trouble of posting this. I'll take the heat over this one. I've just spent an hour at a 6 year old softball game and honestly I thought I didn't really have trouble with class until tonight. Please understand I'm speaking not of social classes but the ingrained class or lack of that people possess.
During the game, I heard some of the most foul language ever (and please understand, I realize I'm capable of dropping a bomb now and then myself.) But I really do try to keep my comments age appropriate. This delightful image of womanhood was responsible for the 2 kids who crawled behind me on the bleachers and kicked me in the kidneys not once but twice. However, she did repeatedly request that they "sit their butts down." I really wanted to request that she "shut her mouth up."
I was further convinced that the ump was going to get lynched over a blown call (even though) she gave our team a "make up call" to try to make it better. When we left, there was a crowd of angry parents questioning the parentage of the ump and discussing protesting the game over calls she made. Are you kidding me? Even if we had back 2 blown calls, we still got our knickers kicked and it wouldn't have made a nickles worth of difference.
I feel sorry for the kids, the guy that pitches to them could be recruited by the Cardinals. They could use a good arm and a high fast ball. However, the small girls he's pitching to don't have a chance in China of seeing the ball much less hitting it.
Matt is helping coach but he is not the main coach therefore his hands are pretty effectively tied in helping develop any skills or technique. What is a pity is they do have some talent on their team but in these hands it is horribly wasted.
It almost appears that a group of people who are all very closely related decided to form their own ballteam and invite others to join.
I will confess that I have spent my moments hanging from the wire of the backstop practically hysterical over a little league baseball game but I don't recall ever referring to a call the ump made as some dirty *X#?!@ (#@!?! Wow!
I'm going now and putting my sore kidneys, sore throat, aching head and burning shoulders to bed to try to forget the evening. All but Genevieve and how cute she looked in her little pink T-shirt.

2 comments:

Donna said...

That brought to mind a flood of memories of ball games, good and bad.

Paula said...

Aw man! I hate that her first game was like that!! But it is true...Brad and I are starting to experience a "whole new class" or people and behaviors as we enter the kids' sports arena. Im kinda afraid, actually.