Sunday, April 19, 2009

Milestones in spiritual journeys

Today, Abby had her first communion. Roger and I were pleased to be able to be there to witness such an important step in her spiritual journey. I am really happy that we have such a diverse group of family members. Falling on all sides of the denomination
spectrum our family can have some pretty interesting and lively conversations and debates. What is gratifying is to watch everyone come together to support one another regardless of where they align spiritually. Today supporting Abby were Catholics, Methodists, Baptists and Church of Christ all coming together to let her know that she is loved on all sides of her family.
After the service and lunch, Roger and I came home and had long naps which left us both fuzzy headed and disoriented. Then we watched The Tudors and now at least I am about to hit the hay. We had raging thunderstorms last night which kept me awake quite a bit since I was here alone with all the scared of storms dogs. Poor Max is so traumatized by thunder and lightening he goes into Roger's office and makes himself as small as he can and hides his head. I guess he thinks the T & L can't get his butt so he turns it to the danger! I think the dogs and I are all ready to have the cool and wet weather go away for a spell.
I did get my Pampas grass planted so hopefully I can talk Miss Betty into NOT digging it up. She is working really hard on getting rid of the big tree limb that fell in the backyard. All the ends of the branches have been chewed off so maybe if I leave the limb out there she will ignore the baby grass for a while. If she tries to chew on that stuff she's liable to shred her tongue. Those blades on the grass are very sharp. Of course, I'm betting Max will kill it first by peeing on it daily. He seems to think anything vertical in the yard is his personal potty post.
Gotta go and sleep. Big week ahead!
Please remember to pray for Amanda and her family!

No comments: