Sunday, November 14, 2010

A New Adventure

So.........today I finalized my first publication attempt. I have self published a children's book entitled Genevieve's Window.
When my granddaughter Genevieve was just a baby I was visiting one weekend. Her parents had gone out for the day and she and I spent a lot of time standing in front of their beautiful front door gazing outside. The idea of writing something about what a child sees outside their window was born that day. I have worked and reworked this dozens of times. The illustrations are mine - I did not hand draw everything you see - some are compilations of free clip art that I used and manipulated to suit my purpose. My extensive experience in Photoshop continues to serve me well. The window itself is mine and does not do justice to the beautiful beveled window G and I looked out of that day.
This piece is soo important to me because I feel like it began a journey for me. A journey that has taken me down roads of poetry, blogging, newspaper column submissions and many many others.
My success or failure with this will probably set the tone for the rest of my attempts in this field.
I hope that you will consider purchasing a copy - I tried to keep it reasonably priced. I think it is such a calm and soothing bedtime story it might become a well loved favorite.
In any case, as always, I welcome your suggestions, your praise as well as your criticism.
Peace Out!

No comments: