Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Could I Have a Clone Please

Two band concerts in 2 nights makes for very tired meemaw. Of course, tonight I was all set to take a hot bath and change into a fresh set of pajamas when I realized I had somewhere to be at 7:00. I made it just in time. I'm not sure how I looked but I didn't have pjs on which I think is a plus.
I have tomorrow off (I think) and then I can get 3 programs all rolled into 1 on Thursday night. I love this time of the year. It sure keeps me hopping.
It is cooooooooooold tonight. Wow! The wind is blowing and it is downright uncomfortable here in Pigland.
For the 5th time in 2 years, I have been chosen to report for jury duty. Since I was always the only employee at Bellah's I always got a pass. But now, I have no excuse and truthfully I'm kind of looking forward to it. I have a theory that a lot of stupid things happen in our court system because there are so many people who have nothing else to do are filling up the jury box. It will be an interesting experience for me. Maybe I will get to sit on something really exciting.
I have my holiday decorating done except for outside and it really looks like that won't happen. I've wasted too many pretty days. Not stressing over it though.
Santa Claus has been shipping his excess baggage to my house for weeks now. According to him, my grandchildren have been so good that he couldn't pack all their gifts on his sleigh this year so I am providing him a warehouse.
I'm looking forward to the holiday. For once I have plenty of time, am rested and not rushed. Can't wait for Pawpaw to read the Christmas Story out of the Bible. And I think the grandkids and I may just have some fun with The Night Before Christmas.
Signing off now, Darling Husband will be home in a jiffy and I like to spend some time with him before nitey nite. :)

No comments: