Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Cherry Flop

I have been up since 3:00 a.m. I am not able to sleep. I let myself get waaaay too stressed yesterday and I will pay the price for it today.
I took my son to the airport yesterday. His flight was leaving at 7:00 p.m. We rolled out of my driveway headed to Tulsa at 5:00. Doesn't exactly take a rocket scientist to figure out what kind of trip we had. Since they like for you to be at the airport a minimum of 1 hour prior to boarding and it is a minimum of an hour and a half drive to Tulsa, it just doesn't compute. The highway between here and there is under continual construction and we went through a whole section of single lane highway, got into Tulsa and I made one wrong turn which worked out pretty easily. We came to a stop in front of the United ticketing counter at 6:50.
Son jumped out, grabbed his bag and hit the ground running. Of course they were holding his ticket so he had to show ID, etc. go through security and run for the plane. Sometime during all this, he lost his cell phone so he is now in Salt Lake City Utah without any way to keep in touch.
If someone could please explain to me why men procrastinate the way they do, I would certainly appreciate the insight.
I was literally so stressed by the time he boarded the plane that I almost got a hotel room and stayed the night in Tulsa. I decided I would go eat and give myself time to unwind a little before heading home and naturally, took the wrong exit and wound up headed for Missouri.
I have made probably 5 trips to Tulsa in my lifetime and have wound up lost 3 of them. I told darling son's girlfriend that when it is time for him to come home, she is going to have to figure out how she can get him from Tulsa to Fort Smith without me.
So it would appear that a long nap is in my future for today. Feel free to join me.

No comments: