Friday, December 12, 2008

Always Go For The Big Finish

When all my grandkids were little and we would sing a song, I would always instruct them to "always go for the big finish." Last night I watched 3 of them in the same program and their music teacher obviously thinks the big finish is important as well.
They all sang their hearts out and each song ended with the final line delivered with gusto! It reminded me that I need to follow my own instruction as well. I need to "go for the big finish" in all I do. Our lives are but a moment so we should always be living as if the big finish is in sight.
I was sitting with some family members (thanks Pat for giving up your seat to a tired old lady.) We were trying to help our youngest grandson see his cousins on the stage. It was hard for him to pick out 1 person among so many squirming little bodies. Eventually he spied Genevieve in her snow hat with her fists rolled into binoculars trying to see family in the crowd. After his uncle walked up close to the stage he was able to see "his Abby" and then PawPaw helped him to see Audrey in her little angel costume to which he stated "Audrey's pretty."
My one regret from last night is that my camera flash is not sufficient to light up my subjects to get decent pictures. I guess my goal this year should be to remedy that situation. I want to do a better job of documenting the year so doing PawPaws calendar next year won't be so challenging. Gotta run, tons to do.
Fa la la la la...........la...........la.........la...........la!

No comments: