Friday, April 1, 2011

Ya – AB - ba – Dabba – Do

 

6-pack-abs-tattoo-41120 (2)

I am thinking I need to start carrying a film crew around with me. Oh, I could always stash my trusty Canon in the car, but I’m never quite sure how to approach people and say – “ ‘scuse me - but could I take your picture?” Then, they would want to know why and I would be forced to explain that I need photographic evidence of what I’m seeing.

Practically every day I see people that make me wonder why I worry so much about what I look like in public. There are the people in their jammies in Wal-Mart. Girls who routinely give us a peek through their rear view mirror and share their backsides in low rider pants. Guys who walk around in danger of LOSING their pants but amuse us with their creative choices in boxers and the firm grip they have in the central area of their pants to keep them from falling around their shoes.

And me? I might change clothes 3 times before I leave the house because I am so aware that if I think I look inappropriate, chances are others will too. And while I love to be laughed at, I would prefer it to be for my superior wit and humor, not my exposure of private areas or clothing that just isn’t right for my body type. I live in cold sweating fear of one day seeing my own picture in the “People of Wal-Mart” photos that go viral every few months.

Today as I was driving, I saw a guy standing on the side of the road. The fellow had his dog on a leash and the man was attired in jeans, tennis shoes and nothing else. No shirt at all and let me tell you, he was sporting a pretty impressive “6 pack.” Really. The “Situation” had nothing on this man, the guy had abs for days. But……………and you knew there’d be a but, didn’t you?........When I got closer, he had to be at least 65 and maybe older.

Now, I am really impressed with this guy’s dedication to keep fit – I think that is an admirable thing. But, I wondered, is he trying to impress someone in particular by walking shirtless with his dog? I’m pretty sure that anyone of the opposite gender who is going to see and be smitten will be someone he would not be interested in.

It has been my experience that those really nice looking and fit fellows in the senior citizen category aren’t looking for a nice senior counterpart. They are probably setting their sights somewhere in the 25 to 30 year age group and those gals will most likely run for the hills unless said fellow has gold lined pockets with diamond be-dazzler accents. Just sayin’.

1 comment:

nikki guertin said...

this is great!! I love reading your posts!! :)