Sunday, April 10, 2011

Stretching

 

800px-Shaped_Rubber_Bands

I think we all pretty much know where the boundaries of our own individual tolerance begin and end.  For my husband, it seems to be that he will tolerate almost anything except embracing the Mets or the Yankees.

I still am learning the boundaries of my own tolerance.  I find the older I get, the more willing I am to live and let live.  I’m telling myself this is a good thing since I grew up around “grown ups” who were pretty universally narrow minded and intolerant.

I had thought myself pretty well “finished” when God gave me an opportunity to “stretch”.  Just as all rubber bands are different so are people.  Some rubber bands are very strong and have the ability to withstand extreme pressure and keep holding everything together.  Conversely, there are other rubber bands that are more delicately made and fragile and require lighter duty in order to retain their shape.

But heavy duty or fun shaped, they are all rubber bands in different forms.  And, each of us is God’s own child.  Loved beyond measure by Him and we should all expect that same love and tolerance of one another.

No comments: