Friday, April 22, 2011

Anyone Here Seen My Old Friend Thomas?

 

doubting_thomas_CC_colorpg

Doubting Thomas that is.  “Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe it.”

It would seem old Thomas and I have a few things in common.  I kind of like to have proof too.  And then, when I get it, I am amazed by my continual small faith.  And by God’s incredible patience with me when I exhibit that small faith.

So, just as Thomas received his proof, so have I.  Proof that prayers DO work sometimes a little slower than we might like.  But God does know the need and answers indeed.  And, as for me, I am going to try very very hard to be sitting on and squashing down my inner Doubting Thomas in the future.

No comments: