Thursday, March 31, 2011

Stick a Danged Stamp on it!

 

a_fly_without_wings_postage-p172132431680220918anrd3_152

Timing……it is all about timing.  Comedians have to have it or they are simply NOT funny.  It’s always good to know the proper moment to speak – or shut up.  Being in the right place at the right time is a good thing. Being in the wrong place at either the right or wrong time is almost always bad.

There is one woman in my life who could drive me to drink…….more.  If I had a last nerve she would be able to find it and bang on it till it bled.  Her personality and  mine are the equivalent of gasoline and matches and as long as I want to continue selling something I sell I have to deal with her.

Recently, she kind of gave me a good hosing on something and I called her on it.  Of course, delightfully, she was blissfully unaware that it might upset someone to pay $5.00 shipping for something that cost $5.00.  Anyway, today I went to the post office to buy a stamp to mail her check.  I had just received my change back for buying a .44 stamp with a dollar bill when she came sashaying through the post office door.

She didn’t see me…….she never sees me unless it is to her advantage to do so and I was left to ponder the incredible amount of karma I had just experienced.  I was already upset over the bill I had to pay and had I have been 5 seconds slower I could have just handed her the danged check.  But then I realized……the check was indeed in the mail and it wasn’t just a meaningless cliche and more importantly, I didn’t have to engage her in conversation so maybe it was my lucky day after all.

1 comment:

Jim Johnson said...

I read this twice, swear the same thing could happen to me. Love this column!