Thursday, April 21, 2011

Dis - Appointment

 

disappointment-disappointment-demotivational-poster-1262996902

Well, yesterday I learned that the degree of disappointment you feel over something not working out is exponentially greater given the degree of NEED attached.

When you really need something to work out; you’ve given it everything you have including money you didn’t have to try to tilt the outcome in your favor and it goes south on you anyway – you are disappointed.

And……guess what…..I think you are entitled to your moment of disappointment.  There are no amount of platitudes that make you feel better.  It is one of those human emotions that has to be felt, expressed, healed from and moved away from.

But no one can tell you what that time frame is because it is different for everyone.  And the time involved ALSO has to do with the NEED factor.  People who really are in need seem to not have the necessary reserves of energy, commitment and self assuredness needed to jump right back up and prepare for the next knock out punch.

So…..I am disappointed.  And I will be for a while.  I’m sorry if that makes me a bad person – but if you want to know my  mind and heart – try knowing what it feels like to walk around in my moccasins for a while.

1 comment:

Billy "Pete" said...

Lavetta, I, too, feel your disappointment. I was impressed with your prayer, however, and though they did not offer the job to you, I have to trust that GOD did in fact answer your prayer. However, I do not think it is wrong to ask GOD directly, and specifically, to help you get a job (even a specific job). It did sound like a perfect fit, but I also believe that HE has something better in store for you! (((HUG)))