Tuesday, April 5, 2011

High Brows & Low Brows – Eyebrows & No Brows

 

Eyebrows

You just have to laugh at life don’t you.  I’ve reached the age when I can no longer paint my own toenails.  Number 1 – I can’t see them and Number 2 – I can’t reach them.  I tried letting my hubs paint them once and decided that was a bad idea when my toes ended up looking like kitchen matches – all fire engine red on the ends (skin and all.)

You would think a woman who has 3 daughters (2 of which work in salon settings), 3 daughter in laws, 2 granddaughters of an age of ability and several who would give it the old college try could find someone willing to slap a coat of paint on my toes.  BUT NO! 

It is a sad twist of fate that financially I can’t even afford to pay someone to give me pretty toes.  I’ve learned to deal with it.

But yesterday, I noticed that my eyebrows stop somewhere in the middle of my eyes.  Oh, they are still there, they are just so pale that you can’t see half of them anymore.  This has been nice in the fact that I haven’t felt the need to tweeze because I can’t see them and neither can anyone else, but I’m pretty sure people are going to notice 1/2 of an eyebrow!

Now again, there are people close to me who could remedy this situation for me, but apparently that isn’t going to happen.  So…..I’m thinking about putting a jar in the local Piggly Wiggly to fund a brow do.

**We don’t have Piggly Wiggly here but I just liked the sound of it better than Harps and IGA.**

2 comments:

bettysue said...

Where in the world did you get that picture!!?? HA,HA, HA, it's grose!!
I agree, it's hard to clip my own toenails anymore, not a pretty, feminine picture when I do!!
I love you girl!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Lavetta!
I dye my eyebrows with "Just For Men" beard, mustache and sideburn color. It's a gel type dye that you mix up in a small tray and has a little brush to apply the color. Don't leave it on too long, try a minute at a time, because it really takes fairly quickly. It lasts a couple of weeks and makes it easy to see where to tweeze!
Love you,
Barb in Illinois