Wednesday, April 13, 2011

For Sale – 1 Good Employee

 

800px-Signs_for_sale

So…today I had a job interview!  YAY!  After all the hundreds of resumes I have sent out my prayers were answered for a face to face interview.  Huge progress!

Sometimes I wish that finding a job were as simple as just putting up a sign and hoping for the best.  But, nothing worth having comes easily and if I can get this job, I have really done the legwork for it.

This was for an entry level position for an excellent local company.  And as a further plus it is for a company that supplies oil rigs.  Since crude flows through my veins I feel like this would be a perfect fit for me.

I went to sleep every night of my childhood listening to those pump jacks working through the night.  I played around oilfield sludge pits and helped my mom try to launder the oil field out of my dad’s khaki pants and shirts.

I am going to choose to be hopefully optimistic on this one!  In the meantime – For Sale – 1 Really Good Employee – Motivated to find a job.

No comments: