Thursday, January 1, 2009

Think Spring!

As one who always suffers from the after the holiday blues, I am officially promoting an early spring. I always feel better in the spring, more hopeful and less worried. This year will be particularly challenging so I am trying very hard to keep my spirits up and not sink into the depths of despair.
There are so many variables that factor into things, the economy which will determine the success or failure of Roger's new business. My ability to find employment which is also hinging on a shaky economy. The health of my mother which seems to be deteriorating daily and given all the aforementioned things makes a trip to see her not a very easily accomplished option. The happiness of family members. And perhaps the most critical one, the health of Roger and I since we are without health insurance at a time in life when it is pretty important. Roger has had a persistent cough now for 3 months and he refuses to go to the doctor. This causes me untold amounts of worry. He has spent enough money on cough syrup, Claritin D and various other forms of over the counter the medicine to have spent a week in the hospital. 2 rounds of antibiotics didn't touch it largely due to the fact that he continues to smoke while medicating. Very frustrating and scary to say the least.
We were able to do Christmas without charging a single thing and this is a very positive thing for us. Now we both need to concentrate on watching our spending. Me in the household area and him in not using our personal funds for business expense. I will be analyzing our expenses and probably cutting back on a lot of things such as cable, etc.
I have had a fairly large pity party the past 3 days, feeling unloved and unappreciated by just about everyone. I know we all go through these moments but I really have a hard time shaking them off once I give in to them.
Must go, just wanted to clear my head a little and update my blog background to something totally NOT holiday related. THINK SPRING!

No comments: