Friday, January 16, 2009

What Dreams May Come

Anyone who knows me well knows that lately I have had trouble sleeping (as evidenced by the fact I am blogging at 11:45 at night!) Watching TV you see the lovely peaceful commercials for Ambien or my personal favorite the gentle floating butterfly effect of Lunestra. Not for me though, there isn't a doctor alive who thinks that it isn't perfectly ok for me to spend practically 2 years of my life with hardly any sleep. I have desperately sought some sort of relief....no caffeine after 5:00 in the evening. Nice warm baths with candles and wine. Reading, meditating, counting sheep, counting dogs, counting money....you name it I tried it. I have on occasion considered suffocating myself (just kidding!)
So...I decided that I would give Tylenol PM a shot. Holy Cow! Where has this stuff been all my life? As a former debilitating migraine sufferer, I have practically rendered myself impervious to medication but this stuff is "the bomb."
I can take it, turn on the TV and the next thing I know it's morning, my mouth is dry as the desert (which probably means I've snored like a logger all night long.) But, just as no good deed goes unpunished...neither does any good remedy.
The dreams are WILD and so vivid that I literally can remember them in perfect detail the next day. I've shared a few of these flights of fancy with a few of my family and friends who I'm pretty sure now have Harbor View on speed dial just in case. But the one I had the other night was quite possibly the most interesting one I've ever had. Brace yourselves girls this is going to take some time.
It all began with the little Edwards girls who for some reason were in need of me dressing them for school. I kept putting their socks on and realizing that their socks were purple. Being the snappy dresser I am I knew they couldn't wear purple socks with their school uniforms so I was very concerned. At this point, their mother appeared and reassured me that all I had to do was turn them inside out. So I did and sure enough they weren't purple on the other side. However, they were brown. So...I decide to buy them more socks. Apparently the only store in dreamland was an outdoor outfitters store. Yep, log cabin decor, trophy animals the whole nine yards. At this point Genevieve and Audrey are no longer involved in this dream and thank heaven for that. Working in the store is an extremely well built young man wearing spandex biker shorts. Watch it...I know what you are thinking..but I hate spandex biker shorts with a passion. Now, here's the really interesting part. His spandex shorts are completely transparent in the posterior area. Yikes! I was just wrapping my mind around his unseemly attire when a stagecoach, cowboys, Indians, trick riders on horses and a zoo wagon starting circling around inside the building. I hope you are laughing at this point because I am splitting my pjs myself right now. Mercifully the dream ended somewhere during the circus acts but when I woke up boy was I confused! So I guess the Tylenol PM is going to have a short lived run.....darn it. Although, I could just continue to take it and continue to regale my loyal followers with my dreams. I have to run now, I think I hear the little men with the white coats knocking on the door. :)

1 comment:

Paula said...

Oh Yes I laughed out loud!! That is quite a dream...I always try to remember my vivid dreams, but then I cant! And yes, Tylenol PM is "the bomb." I take 1 and bite off a half of another and Im sleeping like a baby. I do feel a bit groggy in the morning. I got something the other day called "simply sleep." I think its the same ingredients thats in tylenol pm, but without the tylenol. I havent tried it yet, so I'll let you know if it has the same effect. Too much tylenol isnt good for you, ya know....

thanks for the laugh!