Friday, January 23, 2009

Being Productive

I spent the day today trying to collect on some old invoices for my husband's business. In trying to bring those to resolution, I had to wonder how much time is wasted all over the world by delaying tactics. Of course, the economy and just the climate of the world in general right now is "iffy" but it is amazing how crafty people are in not paying. If was good for me to use my brain for something other than fiber fill for my skull for a change. And, it also made me remember that I am a pretty good manager of time and skill.
It was probably a nice little boost for my severely beaten ego to remember that I am smart, capable and efficient. Over the course of the past few months, I have let the fact that I don't have a job and that I don't feel like I am terribly valued by many people get me down.
I wasn't able to get much money generated today, but I did get the ball rolling in several different directions that I hope will pay off next week.
I've placed my jewelry in a local salon/spa and maybe that will bring in a little cash which would be nice as well. And, I'm still trying to tie up all the loose ends that are frazzling around the demise of Bellah's Photography. I thought I had everything tucked nicely away today and then received a visit bringing me some more little problems to fix. So all in all I had a busy day and have exercised my brain muscle.
Roger is spending the night in Greenwood tonight with his Dad which means I may actually be able to sleep since I won't be listening to his wracking coughs all night. He has been to the doctor and they say his lungs are clear but he has inflammation in his bronchial and nasal passages. Duh! Can't imagine why, he is still smoking but has said he is going back on Chantix Sunday. I can't wait. It is hard for me to believe that he conquered this demon once and started right back up again. I just do not have the vocabulary skills to adequately describe how very scared I am for his health. Watching Mr. Bellah and my dad both die with emphysema was the worst thing I've ever had to witness and I never want to see it again. Too many of my children smoke, but then they've never seen it up close and personal the way I have. I really think if they had they would be terrified to put themselves in that potential danger.
Well, enough of that. No one cares about that. I really don't have anything funny to report today. Somehow being productive and being funny don't seem to go hand in hand with me. But then there is always tomorrow. :)

No comments: