Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Nah nah nah nah - hey he-ey, Go-od bye!

Kathy danced her last dance tonight. She was one of my 4 picks to be leaving tonight even though she wasn't the one I would most prefer to see go. I was not really thrilled with the show tonight, didn't like their guest entertainment much and would have really enjoyed seeing Donnie and Kym dance again tonight.
I have to say that Samantha Harris looked like a goddess tonight. My gosh, she was stunning in that dress. Black is certainly her color and she gave Kym a run for her money in the big Texas hairdo department. Now Roger can have the TV back, oh wait, no he can't because tomorrow night is Modern Family and Cougar Town.
I worked 1 day in the Fairview Elementary Library this week which was an experience. Libraries have sure changed. I kept looking for the card file only to be told that the janitor had taken it home to organize his tools in. Poor Dewey and his Decimal System! The last library I worked in was the Stinnett High School library under the watchful eye of Mr. Downer. Mr. Downer took his library duties very seriously and probably would be most undone with the advent of bar coding and scanner guns. I honestly am starting to wonder when they will simply barcode all children and we can just all have a little scanner and we will know where they belong and if there is a fine due on them or not. I know they are barcoded for lunchroom purposes, school picture purposes, library purposes. One can only hope that they don't have to be scanned into the restroom. I enjoyed my time and enjoyed watching the "librarian" (I don't think they call themselves that any more) do her teaching. I probably missed my calling because I actually think I would have enjoyed this profession and been pretty good at it. Just like everything else, I'm a dollar short and a day late in finding my calling.
I am really tired tonight so I think I'm going to close up shop and hit the hay.
Peace my friends!

No comments: