Friday, September 25, 2009

You say YOU had a bad day?

Just when you think you have had the worst possible day ever something happens to make you realize it could always be worse. Take me for instance. I was really busy feeling oh so sorry for myself, crawling along lower than a snake's belly, having the biggest and best pitiful pink pity party when the Yahoo homepage caught my attention.
Being a semi-whiz at Photoshop myself, my first inclination was "Oh look someone's been playing with the distort button again." However, on closer examination I came to realize I was reading about someone who had a MUCH worse day than mine.
An Indonesian woman gave birth to a 19.2 lb baby! Holy cats! Are you kidding me? I'll swear I think the kid was already sporting a tattoo and 2 front teeth. That baby is a chunk and the pictures of him laying next to the ordinary babies are hysterical. He is gi-normous and NOT happy. He has his mouth wide open and appears to be screaming bloody murder. He's probably making his dinner wishes known....STEAK, MASHED POTATOES AND GRAAAAAVY!!
Rumor has it his mother named him YIKES....oh wait, that was what she said when he was born.
Googling large babies I learned that the largest baby ever born was born in the 1800's and weighed almost 24 pounds. That baby did not live. The largest baby born to date that lived weighed in at a whopping 22 pounds.
Now gentle readers.....this is a BAD day. A baby is a blessing always but having one that is born the size of toddler has to be a harrowing experience.
So if I keep everything in perspective - I'm not having all that bad a day at all. No, I'll just take chaos and uncertainty any old day. Bless you dear woman for bringing a bit of reality to smack me right between the eyes and I pray you and that boy of yours will always be happy and healthy.

No comments: