Monday, September 28, 2009

Round 2 DWTS - Let's Get Ready To Rhumba!!!

First up was JoAnna and Derek doing the Jive - she rocked the outfit and could have nailed this dance to the wall however her feet were just a tad slow. My score 8 - Judges C-6 Guest-7 B-7 I think they were a bit harsh on her this is only the 2nd dance and she is one of the best natural dancers here.
Natalie and Alec danced the Quickstep. She had an awkward dismount from the steps and appeared heavy and slow throughout the dance. My score 6 - Judges C-7 Guest-7 B-7 There was no way this couple was as good as JoAnna and Derek.
Next up the ultimate fighting champion Chuck Liddell doing the Tango? Unfortunately, with his moves it might have more appropriately been named the "Tangle". I understand the Tango is supposed to be intense however his facial expression looked more like a guy who would beat the crap out of you for asking his "woman" to dance. My Score 5 Judges C-6 Guest-7 B-6 and your's truly says BullCrap! No way was this within 1 point of JoAnna.
Melissa and Mark danced the Jive. I find myself wishing she would turn loose of the bottom part of her body - she looks heavy and slow and the jive needs quick,flicking and shaking. My score 6 Judges C-7 Guest-6 B-6 I am vindicated!
Michael and Anna danced the Quickstep. The judges really ragged on him last week so he is driven to be better this week. I don't think Micheal is flexible enough for this dance so early in the year. He was pretty good at his execution and is a real crowd pleaser. And it takes a REAL MAN to wear pink! My score 7 Judges C-7 Guest-7 B-6
Next is one of my least favorites Debi dancing with his maximum hotness Maks. The whole lead in where she is bawling and whining is probably pretty close to her real personality. I got the feeling she was trying to lead in the dance and as a result she overdanced it and looked very awkward. My score 6 (because I don't like her) Judges C-7 Guest-7 B-7 Proof positive that they have officially hosed JoAnna this week.
Next up are Skipper and Ken's little brother aka Louie and Chelsie. Or this season's match up for most adorable. The costume they put Louie in was unfortunate it made him look like he had a whole lot of junk in the trunk. But he enjoyed the dance and actually did a very good job when he was putting it all on the floor but he did get lost a time or two. My score 8 Judges C-6 Guest-7 Bruno-6 They didn't give him his due here. Proof positive that some people can't stand adorable couples.
Next up Aaron and Karina and the Quickstep. He really nailed this dance, I hated the costume - if they were going to dress him to look like Kermit they should have dressed Karina up as Miss Piggy (oh wait I guess they did since she was wearing a very poofy pink skirt although it did look a lot like feathers). Obviously she has been threatening him with bodily harm because he certainly did a great job. My score 8 Judges C-9 G-9 B-9 As low as they have marked everyone else I think they over marked him. He was very good but triple 8's would have been sufficient.
Now my favorite Kelly and Louis dancing the Tango. Darn it she really lost her way in this; she lost her footwork and struggled and I just hate it. She wants to do so well and I hope she gets a chance to dance again. My score 6 Judges C- 6 Guest-7 B-6
Now we have Kathy Ireland and Tony dancing for us a Quickstep. She should have just phoned this one in she might have had more enthusiasm. The only thing that bounced was her dress.
My score 6 Judges C-6 Guest-6 B-6 We are all in agreement.
Mark (The Iron Chef) and Lacey dancing Quickstep. As I have said he is one of my faves. One word here footwork, footwork, footwork. Again he lost his way in this, I don't think she is doing her job as a choreographer by utilizing his obvious skills. My score 7 Judges C-7 Guest-7 B-7
Now Mya and Dimitri will dance the Jive. She was lovely in the waltz so I expect big things. Here we go......and she did not disappoint. She rocked it big time. On top of nearly flawless execution she had a great time performing it. My score 9 Judges C-9 Guest-9 B-9
Tom Delay dances a Tango with Cheryl. Cheryl is my favorite girl pro dancer. I think she is wonderful. Now we learn that Tom is having pain in his toes, this week his dancing gave me a pain in my nether regions. Then he nearly dropped Cheryl - not an auspicious effort. My score 5 Judges C-6 Guest-6 B-6 Honestly people are you afraid he's going to get you audited? Much too generous considering the fact that I think he really wants to go home.
And now Donny and Kym dancing the Jive. I hate it but the guy is good, I'm convinced he is taking dance lessons on the side and he does know how to sell a dance - he is after all a performer. My score 9 Judges C-8 Guest-9 B-8
Okay now for my prediction who needs to get ready to go:
Guys - Chuck and Tom
Girls - Debi (because I don't like her) and Kathy
Thanks for reading your comments are always appreciated.

No comments: