Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Cherry On Top


Yesterday I had a meeting with a very nice young man who is in the landscaping business and is wanting to open his own nursery. My good friend Grayce DeWitt managed to put the two of us together in the hope that we might be mutually advantageous to each other. She knew that I needed employment and he was looking for someone to manage his new enterprise.
I left the meeting really excited about starting something new. His excitement was certainly contagious and I found that it stimulated new ideas within me. This position will not begin until March if all plays out well which works nicely with my plans.
This association can also be very helpful to Roger in his business and he in turn can feed into the landscaping aspect.
My prayer is that our uncertain economy will rebound enough to allow a new business to grow legs and stand, that I will be up to the challenge of effectively managing a brand new baby biz and grow it into a thriving profitable enterprise.
This is an extremely talented young man with a lot of fresh and exciting ideas, the drive and motivation to step out in faith and the experience to back up his enterprise.
I was very impressed with him and I think he was impressed with me as well. So, perhaps after a year of very disconcerting events, life will prove to reinvent itself once again.
I beg you for your prayers that I will be able to step up to the plate and be all that I can be. Not just for the sake of my family but also for my potential employer. Remember that I pray for all of you everyday and ask for God's richest blessings and peace beyond compare.
Picture of the granddaughters watching the Jonas Brothers on TV....oh and Matt & Kaylee too.

No comments: