Monday, November 24, 2008

Counting down to Counting Blessings!

Well, I've finally got everyone on board with things to bring for Thanksgiving. I will still have a ton of cooking to do, but that's okay since I have nuthin' but time right now.
I don't think anyone has a heap of other plans this year so we should be able to have a pretty stress free holiday. Here's hoping everyone puts on their happy pants and decides to make the best of the day.
I cooked a really good dinner tonight for my better half. He has been working on a job site for the past week and I figured since turkey is going to be on his menu soon for several days, he might enjoy something a little different.
I made Chicken Saltimbocca and it was delish! Tomorrow night I am making cherry stuffed pork chops. I bought a 2008 Taste of Home Best Holiday Recipes magazine and it has really good ideas in it.
I talked to my aunt in Jacksonville today. I'm trying to talk her into coming for Thanksgiving. I hate to think of anyone not having family and her husband died this year and her kids are "iffy" at best.
I am so looking forward to having a holiday in my new and improved kitchen!
I'm still waiting on a plumber to come and install our garage heater. He caused me to miss my grandson's Thanksgiving program today. This was his first little program and I was very sad to miss it. However, Pawpaw said he did me proud, he was thrilled with the performance aspect of the event. What can I say....I try to make sure they all know to "go for the big finish!"
Guess I'll trot off to bed, I have a new book to put me to sleep.
If you are reading, please know you are one of my blessings and I am truly blessed in you and grateful for your presence in my life. :) Big kisses!

No comments: