Sunday, November 23, 2008

Cherry Ice

Brrrrrrrrr! It is cold outside! It has been so windy lately, I almost feel like I'm back in the Texas panhandle. There is a sharp snap to the air. I guess I had better get serious about locating my coat.
I have officially purchased 2 (count 'em 2) Christmas gifts. 2 down and a gazillion to go....not bad, huh?
I was hoping to fill out a lot of my shopping at Holiday market but the prices were out of sight this year. All the vendors were complaining that sales were down and they were going to have to pack up all their stuff and take it back home. But, no one was really trying to move anything by marking it down either.
I understand commerce as good as the next chick, but I would be wanting to make enough to cover my hotel, meals and travel expenses at the very least. I do feel bad for those cottage industry types in an economy like this one.
I predict the Christmas Eve shopping this year will be the wildest ever. I think everyone is going to wait until the last possible moment and try to find some really good bargains.
Roger and I have agreed that we will not buy gifts for each other this year. We have put a lot of money into improving our house and that means the world to me. However, there goes the one gift I get at Christmas, yuk yuk! That's not true, my friend Judy always gives me something gorgeous!
I think our older grandkids are getting gift cards this year. They are just too hard to shop for.
I must go now and find socks for my feet, they are like mini-icebergs and when my feet are cold, my whole body takes the trip with them. More later, gator!
:)

No comments: