Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Busy trying to stay busy.


I've spent a great deal of time trying to both look and stay busy the past few weeks. The holidays are approaching fast and once again I am not even close to being prepared. My kitchen still isn't finished which is a source of frustration for me. If I knew how to cut and attach trim, I would be all over it. But, alas! I do not. I'm trying very hard to not be a B**** about the whole thing. I've even suggested we do one little project a day, nothing works. In Roger's defense, I know he has a lot on his plate with his dad, but good grief, let's just finish and be done.
Today the overhead garage door people are supposed to come and take my door to insulate it. I am really hoping this will help keep the house a little warmer this winter. We also plan on installing a small heater in the garage so that should make things more pleasant for dogs who need to sleep inside in inclimate weather. We are also putting gas logs in our fireplace. I am really tired of fighting the wood situation and I just want to have a little fire when I want one without a whole big production. Plus the advantages of not having soot everywhere is appealing too.
I am still one dog short of a pack. I had such an unhappy day yesterday thinking about the fact that it was cold and wet and my dog was lost.
Terry Bellah and I shot his last photography project Monday afternoon. Greenwood's basketball media pictures. It was strange to think that everything is slowly but surely grinding to a close. Even stranger to think that in February he will be experiencing a whole different culture in France. Maybe I'll go to Moffett...........I think they have a whole different culture there as well.:)
I'm really considering going to see my mom after Thanksgiving if gas prices stay within a decent price range.
Well, I guess I'd better wind up and wake Roger up, he is supposed to go to Kansas City today for a meeting and he said last night he was leaving at 7:00, he has 8 minutes to get ready.
Oh, can anyone advise me on how to get Jessie to relax......she seems to have difficulty in that area. :)

No comments: