Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Just a reminder

Just a reminder that some of my posts of late have been things that I have written in the past. Like "Mental Pause" was written several years ago when I was in the grips of the hell on earth. And, the store selling the giant underpants is currently a Latino Church so these things aren't current, but still relevant. :)
Starting to plan Thanksgiving. These holiday plans just defeat me before I can ever get started. Everyone has so many places to go that it is difficult at best to find a good time for all. I eventually just have to decide a time and stick with it and realize that if my family can be here I am in a hip hip hooray mood, but if they can't, I will be saddened but I still have to plod on.
I have asked everyone what they would like to bring and have no commitments for anything. Which this year isn't a huge problem since I have plenty of time to cook and clean providing my foot will cooperate. I am having the devil of a time getting it to ease up any, but continue to try.
I am looking forward to my dog's cousin Amber coming to stay again this weekend. She was here last weekend and had a blast. She got to reconnect with Max (who thinks she is positively delectable) and she was able to make friends with Betty. Amber and Jessie spent quite a bit of time actually playing together which tells me they have missed each other.
I have been painting quite a bit and am getting some pretty good feedback on my stuff. I'll never be another Renoir but I might make a pretty good Grandma Moses.
I am staying fairly close to the house and don't see many people. Angie drops by fairly often to show me her Tu-Tu Canvases which are very cute! She really is talented and I hope she sells a boatload of them. And I saw Tommy Jack today for a while. He is going back to Salt Lake until Christmas to try to make some money.
Geez....if the economy doesn't straighten out, we will all be on welfare, food stamps and living in government housing. Everyday, some other company here in Fort Smith announces either layoffs or shortened work weeks or out and out closings. For the first time in my life, I am really scared about the future.
On a positive note, my washer is fixed (insert crazy happy dancing here), we got the garage door insulated so we can put some form of heat out there and my gas logs are installed. Now I can have a fire anytime I please, no muss no fuss!
Well, I'm going to take a cherry tylenol and hit the hay. I have had a very low grade headache all day and I think I should put it to bed.
Smoochies!

2 comments:

Lmiyagi said...

I agree completely about making plans for Thanksgiving. Just make the plan and hope some of the children show up. Trying to make a plan to travel to Earleen & Steve's has turned in to so much trouble.

LKB said...

Oh my gosh! A really for truly posting on my blog! Linda you completely made my day. Please check back often. I am hoping you are able to work out the logistics of a trip to Okie land. :)