Monday, October 27, 2008

Rotten Cherry




Wow, there are just some days I would like to take a Louisville Slugger and take my frustrations out on a car, building................person.
After Roger losing his job in May and struggling with the blow to his self esteem that caused, he finally pulled himself up, formed his own company and has been working very steadily at trying to rebuild his life.
Today he received a cease and desist letter from his ex-employer stating that he cannot compete with them. Of course, the nature of his business does not compete with them, his company is basically the same as any other installation company that they might choose to hire to install their equipment. He does not distribute nor manufacture anything. We, of course, know from whence this little bomb originated.
I find it interesting that a big company would want a loyal employee of 20 years who found himself expendable through no fault of his own, to not have any means of producing a livelihood for himself. Neither of us are old enough for Medicare which means we have no health insurance, and with no jobs we certainly can't afford to pay a monthly premium to an independent insurance carrier. I guess they would prefer that we set fire to our house while we are asleep at night and just vanish from the face of the earth. That way they wouldn't have to run the risk of seeing Roger and have to face how they shafted him.
I am literally so furious that I can hardly speak. Therefore, my post shall be short.
I did want to publish for posterity that the beautiful Genevieve broke her sweet little arm this weekend. She is taking it like the trooper she is and hopefully it will all be nothing but a memory soon.
I am posting some pix of G and A's Halloween attire and a picture of each with me at lunch on Sunday. Love my little Edwards Girls! All 3 of them!
Bye!

No comments: