Monday, October 20, 2008

Up On Cripple Creek

Have no idea how I manage to damage myself to such a large degree but I seem to have a talent for it. My left foot is causing me so much pain that it is distracting to say the least. I have had some injuries to my feet and ankles so I'm sure one of the "Ritis" brothers has moved in and set up shop.
When Roger and I were heavy into the kitchen remodel, I was on a step ladder and the door of the fridge that I was bracing myself on swung open and my foot slipped on the rung. I have a spur in the instep of this particular foot and all my weight (which is considerable) concentrated right on that spur area! Yikes.........the words I said are not fit to print. Everyone should go wash your eyes immediately because I'm sure the foulness of my language will seep through the print. However, that was months ago and the last week, my foot has been throbbing and I can put no weight on it at all which means I'm hobbling along which is now causing the pain to radiate into my calf, knee, thigh and hip.
The only redeeming thing is that right now I have absolutely no where that is necessary to go.
I am putting off my housekeeping duties until Thursday trying to give "footsie" time to feel better and to allow the cleaning to maybe last until Kaylee gets home from her trip.
Roger continues to pull his nursing duty in Greenwood. Honestly, I saw more of him when he was living in Kansas City. Good news here is that Grandpa B seems to getting better everyday. On a positive note, when Roger isn't here I can watch Dancing With the Stars without a constant running critical commentary. I still don't know who I want to win this year, Brooke Burke is absolutely phenomenal but I just don't like her much. I'm sort of pulling for Warren Sapp because he is very likeable, tries really hard and is paired with a girl that has had "duds" for partners forever and I'd like to see her get a break. Plus the football player is amazingly light on his feet for a "tank" of a man.
I am very sorry to report that Debbra's brother has passed away. I know how very difficult this is for someone having lost both of my brothers in a really short period of time. I feel very badly for her and if my foot feels like going, I will try to go to the funeral to lend my moral support.
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeel, can't think of another thing to write about. Since I already know all this and no one else reads or comments. I think I'll go put my old sore foot up in the bed.
Wish I had someone to bring me a Cherry Creme Slush from Sonic.
Smmmmmmmmmoochies~

No comments: