Sunday, October 12, 2008

Circus Cherries

Wow! I just finished watching the DVD that Kaylee brought back from the Boston Cirque Du Soleil show. What an amazing performance. Seeing one of these shows has been added to things to do before I die (Bucket List) along with skydiving and traveling to a foreign country. I have watched a lot of the documentaries about the auditions and the cast formations for these productions. I can't even imagine what it costs to stage these and pay these amazingly talented athletes. I really enjoyed watching it....thanks Kaylee for making it available to me.
I have my own circus performer here in the form of Veronica the dog. She can jump a 6 foot privacy fence in a single bound. After 2 days of being left off the tether and being very good, today she decided to vault the fence and then proceeded to run the neighborhood like a crazed jungle monkey for the better part of an hour. She was never out of my sight but she would run from me like she had never seen me before in her life. She is soooooo stupid! My life is pretty much completely centered around tying her up, untangling her, making her quit barking (caused by being tied up too much) or hunting her down when she leaves the Ponderosa. It doesn't help that I genuinely love those little strays and want them to have only good things in life. I guess everyone has a cross to bear and she is mine.....it's going to be a long long life!
Roger's dad continues to improve and we are all thankful for that. He and his sibs are taking turns staying with Grandma and Grandpa when there is not a home health care nurse available. I know they are all tired.
I bought some painting supplies and am going to try to pick up my art skills that have lain dormant for lo these many years. If money were not an issue I would take lessons again. I'd also love to learn to quilt. Life is funny, if you have money you have no time. When you have time you have no money. Who says God doesn't have a sense of humor? So far, I have gessoed my canvases so maybe tomorrow I'll actually pick up a brush and wait to be inspired.
Tuesday and Thursday I will clean for Kaylee again. I think maybe it went to hell in a hand basket over the weekend which was understandable since the "littles" probably wanted her to spend as much time as possible loving on them. The laundry is a big issue since little people go through lots of clothes.
I think I've got the micey people under control for a while, but if darling husband doesn't put "Finis" on the remodel I'm going to go live in the field and let them have it. I really want this all done before holidays. We are the world's worst at starting stuff and not finishing it.
Well, I'm putting the crust on the pie for tonight. Here's hoping that everyone's week is as rosy as cherry jam.
Smoochies!

No comments: