Friday, March 25, 2011

Feelin’ Groovy? Not so much.

 

DONKING2

Simon and Garfunkel (those righteous dudes) must have been sniffing the cowslips….or the Cowsills when they wrote this one. Seriously, I only understand the “slow down – you’re movin’ too fast” part of this. It doesn’t help that every time I try to type Feelin’ I type it Fellin’- hmmmm Fellin’ Groovy- perhaps….perhaps…..

Recently, I’ve seen more instances than I care to count of people trying to cram a square peg in a round hole and bemoaning the fact it doesn’t fit. It seems no one wants to give things time to settle into a natural rhythm. We all need to remember what it was like to bring home a new baby from the hospital. They were already used to the routine and suddenly they were being asked to transform into OUR time frame and schedule.

If a mere few days can make it difficult to regroup for a newborn, how much harder must it be for grownups? If you throw into the mix a constant upheaval of new sights, sounds and experiences it can be a little hard to conform. This tends to throw us into a fight or flight situation and sometimes we just have to choose flight.

Oh, and just so you know…..I am seriously having to have big time speaks with myself over the fact that MY way isn’t necessarily the RIGHT way. I’m still not convinced, but I am working on it. Feelin’ Groovy yet?

No comments: