Sunday, March 27, 2011

What the helicopter are they thinking?

 

th_boogeyman

As if kids don’t have enough crap to be terrified of, television advertisers are now advocating scaring them silly.

The commercial where the two parents tell their children a horrific story to keep them from getting into the adult’s candy really gets my goat.

Perhaps, we could just tell them no……instead of scaring them into leaving alone something that is probably better suited for them anyway.

Maybe it is because I, myself, was terrified of the dark until I was well into my 40s makes me feel that purposely scaring your kids is criminal.  I never told my kids there was a boogeyman in a dark room (even though I secretly feared there was.) 

One never knows  when it will be necessary to send your child into a darkened room to get something that is vitally needed.  How horrible it would be if they were simply too afraid to go in because of something you said.

No comments: