Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Are You My Sister?….and brother?

 

sam&judy

These are my wonderful friends Sam and Judy.  Everyone should have friends like them.  Where in the helicopter would I be if I did not have these two people in my life?  Now, I’m going to cry.

Judy and I met not long after I moved to Arkansas – we had both been “tricked” into being PTA officers.  Then I allowed Judy to trick me into Cub Scouts, Sorority, Tons of Fun Day at 4 H, Christmas Parades and the list goes on and on.  Over the course of more years than either of us wants to count we have shared more laughter, problems, adventures, and tears than anyone else I’ve been acquainted with.  I think that for each other we are the closest thing to sisters either of us have ever had.  Judy was an only child and I have a sister but we did not grow up together and therefore don’t share that familial bond.

Sam was at one time – in the immortal words of Chloris Leachman in Young Frankenstein - “yes, he vas my boyfriend!”  Little did I know that God had chosen Sam to be my forever friend that I was to save for my best girl Judy.

I introduced Sam and Judy on a blind date at Chilis and as they say – the rest is history.  They got married, combined their families and scooped me up and carried me with them into the role of a “sister” to both of them.

Without them, I would be a pretty lost little sheep sometimes.  They will never know how much I love and treasure them.  I wish I could tell them, but I always cry and that makes them both uncomfortable.

So, since I can’t tell them, I will tell you.  Outside of my husband,children and grandchildren, these are the two most important people in my world.  I know why and so do they.  They would never tell you and I can’t because the genuine Christ like behavior they show – not just to me – but everyone who knows them – humbles me and makes me want to be a better person.  If there truly are mansions in Heaven – theirs is going to have a pool, tennis courts, and rose gardens.  And I’m gonna be their housekeeper.

Sam and Judy,  please meet everyone.  Everyone, please meet Sam and Judy………………..aren’t they cute?  I took that picture and it makes me happy to look at it.  I love you guys more than I can ever say.  And…….frenzy, frenzy, frenzy (only Judy knows what this means – and she’s laughing right now.)

No comments: