Sunday, January 24, 2010

What the Fresh Hell is This?

After spending the last 3 days trying to keep my mother from spiraling out of control, her doctor sends in the B team today. He comes in listens to her heart momentarily, leaves and the next thing I know the nurse is coming in saying he has ordered an IV re-inserted and a heart monitor. Well, mom is officially now orbiting around a previously unknown planet. And I can't say as I blame her. She just got rid of both of those things 3 days ago and they have said repeatedly they can find nothing medically wrong with her other than the blood pressure thing and the out of whack thyroid.
Honestly, I would like to go get that little fart and make HIM spend the night up here with her.
We are waiting on a bed at Sparks for her in their senior care unit where they will do some psych evaluations and try to help me determine what my next course of action should be.

Afterthought: I should have included this in my post. We refused the IV and Heart Monitor - those were not necessary as they just took out her IV port yesterday and there has never been even the slightest blip of a problem with her heart and I have the Cardiology report to back me up. All we have are blood pressure, thyroid and behavioral problems at this point.

1 comment:

Rojo said...

Lavetta`

You have to get those DR.s pinned down. You have the right to say WHY and No .I have to do it every time Jeanie is in the Hospital.

When you say look dude give me answers or get your butt out the door they get a little upset because you are not bowing BUT you sure as heck get answers.

They never give her ONE single pill or IV without handing it to me so I can check it and make sure it is what it is suppose to be.

I have booted one self important lady DR. out twice and told the charge nurse if she ever came back in the room the law suit was on.

Everybody cant be #1 in the class so you can figure it from there,you have a lot more 10 and belows than you do #3's working on the floor