Wednesday, January 20, 2010

4:44 Or Fight

Was awakened this morning at the peaceful hour of 4:44 by a phone call from mom. Honestly, the woman can't manage to open her cell phone most of the time but she was spot on in using it at the butt crack of dawn today.
Our conversation started harmlessly enough with her inquiry as to whether or not I was coming in to the bank today. I indicated that I could if it was necessary. I thought this would calm her enough to allow me to snuggle back down next to my hubbalump and return to a very nice dream I was having (thanks Ambien!) However, the next part of the conversation caused me to bolt upright in bed, waking both hubs and dogs and try madly to comprehend what she was saying. Apparently, I was about to run away with a strange fellow with all of mom's money in a suitcase, never to be heard from again. I wanted to ask which strange fellow because most of the guys I know fall partially into that category - (sorry but you guys know it is the truth.)
I spent the next several minutes assuring mother that I was safely tucked in with Roger and had no immediate plans for flight. At this point she said "Fine. I'll let you go." and hung up. My next move was to call the nurses station and ask them to please check on her and see if she was in a highly agitated state. Several moments passed and they returned with the assurance that she was sitting up in bed watching television and indicated to them she was fine.
Hmmmmmmmmm - mom must have an even better dream life than I do. I really hope it was Gilles Marini she saw me exiting with.
Peace my friends, keep your pancakes off your eyes and your purse out of the gravy!

1 comment:

debrabain@sbcglobal.net said...

You are such a good writer....You make the sadest situations seems entertaining! Keep up the great attitude! Love you!