Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Today is the first day of the rest.......................


of my life. Blah, blah, blah. The same person who wrote that must have been the jerk who says there are no such things as problems, only opportunities. Sweetie, a pig is still a pig no matter how you dress it!
This morning I am heading to Darling Daughter's to do some tidying for her. Tomorrow I go shoot school pictures with Terry, then back to tidy some more on Thursday. I'm really not lazy, but all in the world I want to not HAVE to do things.
Isn't it funny that we all have these things that we want in our heart of hearts. And we struggle and strive to obtain them only to find they are fingertips further away after the struggle. Maybe this is God's way of telling us we need to find our happiness now with what we do have as opposed to constantly trying to achieve something better. Wow, where did that philosophy come from?
It has taken me a long time, loads of mistakes, wasted opportunities and much hand wringing to understand that inner peace, contentment and dare I say it, yes Joy comes from inside not outside. Seeing your life and realizing all the wonderful things about it instead of looking at the negatives with a microscope helps to set your mind in a better place. I have literally made myself wake up everyday and try to find something positive to think about and it is helping. Oh, there are still those black cloud moments but not so many any more. I think one thing that has really helped me is seeing how happy Roger is with his situation right now. After life dealt him a crushing blow, he took the time to recover and then stepped out in faith in a whole new direction. I know there are times when he is afraid he has done the wrong thing, but by and large I believe he is truly happy with the choice he made.
So I am trying to walk the faith walk as well. I will do what I can to make sure there is dog food in 4 bowls, the lights still burn and we still can put a few gallons of gas in the car and past that I will have to trust that God will provide. And I will no longer operate my life from a position of weakness, need and fear. I have a wonderful partner, great kids, fantastic grandchildren, a few good friends and warm fuzzy dog companions to love me. Truly who could ask for more.
Here's hoping we all have the enthusiasm of Genevieve as shown in this picture!

No comments: