Sunday, September 28, 2008

Put a Cherry On It!

Yesterday was such a great day. Roger and I both spent the day doing pretty much what we wanted to. I made a big angel food cake which we both really enjoyed and later we took a large slice to Grandpa in the hospital. That little man sure never turns down a sweet treat. After a nice visit we went to Christ The King's Pasta and Paintings supper where we enjoyed a nice spaghetti dinner, good fellowship with family and then we returned home for cake and coffee. Angie, Patrick and Abby came by after the supper to watch a little football, drink coffee and have cake. We also got to see Genevieve, Audrey, Kaylee and Matt yesterday on kind of an in and out basis.
Genevieve and Audrey had both created works of art for the art sale and of course, I purchased both. Abby was absent on that day so she didn't have a picture :( What was really neat about the art is Genevieve's carried a predominately purple theme which will look lovely in my office. And Audrey painted a masterpiece evocative of the green grass all around so it will hang in the hall bathroom. I love them both and can't wait to have them framed.
Then to put a cherry on top of my sundae, I found out from Kim Singer that we have been awarded the contract for Greenwood Public Schools. Wow! Out of the frying pan and into the fire! I also had occasion to speak with Mr. Hattabaugh, the superintendent of schools at Mansfield last night and let him know that he will be receiving our proposal next week.
I have a wicked busy week coming up. I am helping Terry shoot Northside (my least favorite place to be) and so I will be whipped by weekend but maybe a little financially better off. Gotta run, this is my only day to clean my house before the craziness begins.
Peace and love! :)

No comments: