Monday, September 22, 2008

All Cake......No Pie!




I am trying this again after my frustrating inability to remember to publish what was written last night. Of course, I'm sure it won't be nearly as pithy as the original but I will try.
Saturday was my be everywhere day. Took the granddaughters to G's soccer game. I had Kaitlyn come and help me on Saturday because she is good to entertain the littles.
It is fun for me to see how much Genevieve and Audrey's personalities are developing. Audrey (AKA Chatterbox) is loving the fact that she has a much better grasp of her language skills and is using them very freely. She also has a wicked sense of humor that I am really enjoying watch develop. She was in the car carrying on a complete conversation with herself and I heard her remark that she couldn't eat in Meemaw's car. A short time later, she was offering her sister a bite of her cereal bar when I said "Audrey, remember, you can't eat in my car." To which she replied, "I KNOW that, I just said it."
The soccer game was fun. Genevieve made some really good plays but her greatest skill seemed to be cooling off after she had been on the field. I observed her from across the playing field pouring her water on her head, down her shirt, in her shoes and all over her socks. After the game, she told me she was really thirsty. I wanted to suggest she suck on her socks, but I didn't. Kaitlyn walked both girls to the concession stand and by the time I got there with the car, Audrey was having a mini-melt. When I got up to them in line, Kaitlyn told me Audrey was wanting to go to the front of the line. I told Audrey she needed to keep her place in line and she tearfully told me, "But I know what I want." I'm usually not this adept at handling these types of things, but I told her show me what you want. At this point, she walked to the display board and pointed out her selections and then she was happy. Maybe she was afraid she wouldn't be able to properly vocalize her need of a ring pop and a pixie stix when it was her turn.
We came home from the game, had lunch and then I made 3 cakes. I made a strawberry cake and a chocolate cake for Jennie's birthday bash. And, I made an angel food for home. BTW...I make the best angel food cake icing ever. (sorry, I just felt the need for self serving self gratification). But, there was no cherry pie.......sigh!
We managed pretty well all day but the girls finally wanted to go out and ride their bikes and scooter. Since they were barefoot we had the whole we need to put on shoes talk. Well, according to them, their parents let them ride barefoot ALL THE TIME! This actually worked out until Genevieve crashed and burned and scraped the hide off her elbow and her big toe. As we were in the PawPaw emergency area rendering first aid, I thought I would teach a lesson and told her "This is why it isn't a good idea to ride our bikes without our shoes." To which she curtly replied, "Then why did you let us." Duh........you're the adult here Meemaw!
Well I think I'm going to close this out before I forget again to publish. Have a spectacular Monday.......I plan on getting out of my pjs today. Huge plans. Smoochies

No comments: